February 10, 2014

Weekend Happenings

I'm a little under the weather today. I cancelled my early PT appointment to try and get some extra rest. I'm hoping it passes soon. I don't want to be sick for my birthday!

This weekend was pretty busy but it was so much fun! Friday, The Pilot and I headed to Bar Louie after work for a drink and some appetizers before heading to Leanna's to watch the Olympic Opening Ceremonies.

The Opening Ceremonies were a snoozefest. Russian history is absolutely fascinating...unfortunately, I don't think that came across all too well. I didn't watch much of the Olympics over the rest of the weekend because winter sports just aren't really my jam.

Saturday was The Pilot's birthday. I woke up early and made him chocolate chip waffles.

He was going to a basketball game with some friends so I stayed home and cleaned before heading to Vida Fitness for a Barre class.

I was thoroughly unimpressed. Vida was supposed to be offering free classes all month. The schedule said the class would be from 2:30-3:30. I showed up, along with about 20 other women and waited for the class to start. At 2:45, we were told the class had been at 11 and they didn't know why we were all there (despite having been individually escorted up to where the class would be). They did have another instructor offer to teach a class, but she started with "Well, I was planning to go home and this isn't my fault." The class was mind numbingly boring. I've honestly never been so bored during a workout. So, that was a disappointing way to spend the afternoon.

After class, the Pilot and I met up in Chinatown for some Shake Shack before heading home to get ready for our night out.

We went to RiRa in Clarendon with a bunch of friends. There were plenty of drinks, lots of laughs and then a late night stop to American Tap Room before we headed home somewhat early so The Pilot could rest up before he had to fly on Sunday.

The Pilot with Andrea and her boy.
Sunday, I headed in to work at the running store I sometimes still work out before doing a little bit of mystery shopping. I got back to my apartment around 4:30 and it was snowing! (The snow all melted within 5 minutes) I took Peyton out for a bit and then headed to evening Mass before volunteering with my middle schoolers.

By the time I got home, I was exhausted. I made a late dinner and called it a night.

This week, I don't have too much going on. My birthday is on Saturday so I took Friday off to enjoy the holiday weekend! I'm sure I'll get myself into some kind of adventure so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...