October was a great month, but it was exhausting! I feel like I've trained for a marathon in just the 5 short weeks of October, and, in many ways, I did. I ran my first long run after Labor Day the first weekend of October and have run long every weekend since without stepping back. 12 miles, then 16, 18.5, 20, and finally 22 on Sunday. It had been exhausting and I'm so happy to have that behind me.
I was also home for 4 of the 5 weeks in October, which is a record since I was gone for every single weekend in August and September, and it was so nice to finally get our "new" apartment in order. I never fully appreciated the luxury of cooking in my own home until now! It helps that I love my kitchen!
So let's take a look at how the month went, in numbers!
Miles Run: 140
Minutes of Yoga: 190
Spin Classes Taken: 1
- I took a Sculpt Fusion class at Sculpt in Penn Quarter and loved it! It's a 40-minute spin class followed by 20 minutes of yoga. the class had a lot of hip openers and it was the perfect cross training class! I think I'll be doing a lot of that during taper!
Number of Books Read: 4
- Favorite: "My Grandmother Asked Me To Tell You She's Sorry" by Fredrik Backman.
Trips Taken: 2
- Chagrin Falls, OH - I didn't blog about this trip because I'm trying to play catch up on my Australia trip but I went to OH with my sister for the Chagrin Falls International Documentary Film Festival because her film was premiering at it. We had an amazing weekend and the festival didn't disappoint! I might have to make this a tradition! Chagrin Falls was so cute! It was like the real Stars Hollow!
- Warrenton, VA - My company took us on an overnight work retreat to Virginia and we stayed in these gorgeous homes in the middle of picture perfect fall leaves. It was nice to get out of the city for a few days!
Blog Posts Written: 5
30 Before 30 Items Completed: 1
- The Pilot and I got all dolled up for the annual Junior League soiree last weekend! We had an amazing time and even won something in the silent auction!
- Marathon training! I started this month feeling severely undertrained to run a marathon. This weekend, I ran 22 miles and finally felt ready to toe the line of my 7th 26.2!
- I had two friends in town this month, my friend Steph from San Francisco, and Holly! I loved playing tourist with Steph and having a girls' weekend with Holly. Both weekends were perfect!
Lowlights: Marathon training! It was rough. I came home from most of my long runs and didn't get off the couch for 4 hours. I really struggled to get these miles in, but I'm so glad I did!
The Month Ahead:
This month is the marathon! That's the biggest thing I'm focusing on! I also desperately want to get back to posting regularly on my blog, show you our new apartment, and fill you in just a little bit about my job and why it's keeping me so busy! I have a lot of posts planned for this month, and I hope I actually get them written!
I'm also planning out the end of the year, not just in terms of holidays, but planning out my goals for next year - races, finances, blog plans, etc! I'm hoping to have more free time on my hands once the marathon is over, but I'm also thinking about signing up for another one shortly after. We'll see! One thing at a time!
How did your month shape up?
What are you looking forward to in November?