1. Remember that 5k I ran a couple weeks ago? Turns out I placed first in my age group...I was also the 5th woman to cross the finish line and the 20th overall. Gotta love small town races. Love.
2. I was sick for most of the weekend...all night Saturday and into yesterday. It sucked...it totally killed my plans for Oops-ing my way to Boston to visit my best friend from college who's home on leave from the Navy. Don't Love.
3. Cincinnati/Kentucky was great. It was fun catching up with my two of my oldest friends and getting to check out another ballpark. We also went to the aquarium and saw penguins. I freaking love penguins. Love.
|Who doesn't love penguins?|
4. I'm house sitting for my mom while she's on vacation. I feel like since she left, I've turned the house upside down. It amazes me how much messier a house can be than an apartment. This seriously makes me rethink ever wanting to be a home owner. Don't Love.
5. I feel very at peace with things right now. Love.
6. Even though I came up with a marathon training plan for NYC, I'm not happy with it. It technically doesn't start for another 2 weeks but being 18 weeks out from NYC, I'm a little stressed about how I want to proceed with my training. I'm running and already have a pretty good base built up but I just don't know how I want to go about actually training for the race. Don't Love.
|So if I just do hill runs and intervals I'll be fine?|
7. I'm in a serious mood to bake this week. I think while Mom is away, I'm going to commandeer her Kitchen Aid mixer and bake my way through the week. Love.
8. It's July. My little sister turns 18 this month. I'm not at all prepared for that. Don't Love.
|My "little" sister Sammi|
9. The Pilot and I are going to Kansas City this weekend! It's MLB All-Star Weekend and I'm pumped for the festivities! Love.
That's what's going on this Monday! What's happening in your neck of the woods? Have you ever been to Kansas City? What should I do there?
Have a great week!