I can't thank you all enough for the sweet comments about my knee and the move! I'm still trying to get settled in my mom's house but everything is going well so far! As you know, I had my doctor's appointment on Monday to get the read for my MRI! The doctor said that nothing serious appeared but a slight bone contusion, or bruise on the bone, which most likely resulted from the high impact of running coupled with my weekly mileage increase. Doctor's orders are 2 more weeks of rest and to start incorporating more x-training into my training cycle, which as you'll see from my training here, I definitely skipped out on that! So, I have 2 more weeks to rest and ice and then I'll be set to start running again in time for base training and for my training cycle to start for the Philadelphia Marathon! Woohoo!
On a second note, I received 2 blog awards this week from two lovely girls:
This one from Amber...
...and this one from Meg!
The rules are to post 10 and 7 things, respectively, about me! I received the Sugar Doll award once before, so I'll link up to it here and post 7 new things about me!
1. My favorite color is teal!
2. My all-time favorite band, who I am seeing this weekend (since you all asked!) is the Goo Goo Dolls!
3. I once won a dance competition at a bar with an Italian guy in London and won a round of drinks for my friends. I was completely sober when I did this.
4. The shows Ace of Cakes and Cake Boss creep me out slightly - I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be eating a cake that at least 8 people have had their hands all over!
5. I have to eat something sweet after every meal of the day - except breakfast!
6. I went to 4 different high schools.
7. I used to work for a radio station where I got to interview a different celebrity almost every week. It wasn't glamorous, but it was a ton of fun!
And now, I'm passing this blog along to these 7 bloggers! Go check them out and show them some love!
-Chloe at Tryin' to Throw My Arms around the World
-Julie at Brown Eyed Belle
-Nicole at My Teacups in Peony
-Meghan at The Perfect Compilation Tape
-Melissa at So about What I Said...
-Trish at Pink Preppy Lilly Lover
-Katy Mary at Tangerine.Hearts
And now, it's the last day of June which means it's time for a monthly recap! For all of you new to 25 Before 25, at the end of each month, I do a recap of how I'm doing on my 25 Before 25 list! Here goes: This month, I:
- Sustained my first running injury and was forced to take a break from running. I'm still in good shape to start my training cycle next month, so Goal #1 is still on!
- Have kept my blog going strong and am posting more frequently and making great friends through the blog world! (#7)
- Visited 2 of the Major League Baseball stadiums making my total 6 out of 30! (#9)
- Finished watching Season 5 of The Office - one more season to go! (#13)
- Read 1 more book off of The Book List!
- Cooked 5 of the recipes out of one of my cookbooks! (#17)
So that's that! On to July which will be filled with beach time, baseball, more books and movies, good music, spending lots of time outside and all things summer! It's going to be a blast!